Post by alaeangelorum on May 3, 2007 5:12:16 GMT 10
I know I'm new here but I've been reading around. Does this mean the discussion has ended?
I'm sorry haven't even introduced myself I'm Katrin from Brasil. I'm 16.
Um...the sheer number of articles there are now suggests that this is true (awwww , and I think celebrity babies (see Rory's post below) is a fairly reliable source - I'm not sure if there are direct quotes from Goran or Ivana - there might be some in the magazine article Nina posted??? (Times like these I really wish I could read Croatian)
AWESOME!!! It's probably a private adoption and it will be interesting to see how the media plays this. There are many. many Americans on waiting lists to adopt. People are okay with Americans adopting children from abroad (I know...I have done it twice)...but not too keen on non-Americans adopting kids and taking them OUT of the country. How often do you hear about that happening??? Since they have an established residence here it might be seen differently. It's going to be interesting. But I am VERY happy for them. I know the feelings they are having right now. It's an awesome thing....
Aw,thanks for all the updates guys...it seems that its true then,our Croatian Sensation is on daddy duty.
Nina,hvala for the articles and photos,those pics of Goran adn Ivana are really nice, the looks he gives her just makes me go all weak in the knees.(*Mags imagines getting such looks They look really happy together and I wish them the best of luck
if at first you dont succeed...so much for skydiving!
Before you read this: I had some trouble with translation. There are a LOT OF THINGS that simply can not be translated into english! And so many words i don't even know. And then the fruit problem (you'll see!). And croats tend to write endless sentences, so i had trouble putting all of that in understandable unit. I wanted to skip some parts, because thy are not really important, but last time i did it some ppl were very upset because i didn't translate every word of it. So now, i tried to capture every single word. Sorry i totally messed up the tenses and spelling. But remember, english is NOT my first language (or second, or third for that matter...) So, I hope it's understandable. If not.. PLEASE say so... Hvala.
Our most famous celebrity, Goran Visnjic and his wife Ivana, will remember this year forever. Not only he quit shooting ER after 8 yrs, and 175 filmed episodes and took of his Luka Kovac coat – the role he became famous for, his family also got a new member. Goran and Ivana adopted a little boy and named him Tin after one Croatian poet, who was born in the same city as Ivana's father, famous Croatian director, Tonci Vrdoljak. And little Tin is his 10th grandchild.
The decision of leaving ER Goran made a year ago, because shooting episodes was taking too much time, and he would love to devote himself to making movies. Some time earlier he and Ivana thought of having a kid, and that's why they bought a house on Hollywood Hills. The house is reminding them of Mediterranean where they grew up, and that is why they love it so much. Ivana was redecorating it for more than a year, till the house was perfectly arranged. Since april number of In Style came out, where the Visnjic's opened the door of their house to public, Ivana is getting some serial business offers, but for now, she is thinking of her mother duties first. But when Tin grows up a little, she will try to work in decorating interior business.
- When we decided to have a child, we agreed that we will work on our own, and start adoption, and what comes first. And if, in future, happens we can't have a baby conceived a natural way, maybe we will adopt another one – the Visnjic's admit, and they don't understand why people would think one adopted baby is enough. If we are talking about genes, says Ivana, everybody has a nutty aunt, or crazy uncle in his family, so i wonder why some people think they are so genius that they should have their family line extended when there are so many children on this world who need home, love and attention. The Visnjic's are saying that they know many couples who spent their whole wealth on artificial insemination – without results, ones who are constantly looking for surrogate mother, and they don't even think about adopting. And then there is the question: Why is their blood better than somebody else's?! All that makes them sad. Their visit to Abandoned children home in Croatia was what made them make the adopting decision. They wanted to bring at least 10 babies home in LA with them. But their son was, after all, adopted in America, with help of one agency, and many Croats don't even know they can do it in America, says Ivana. It's enough to do the paper work and find one agency. But in America, the rules are different. Couples must get to know a birth mother, what's much better, because one day, kids will start asking questions, and parents will be able to answer them.
Tin Visnjic was born on the same date Ivana and Goran met 11 years ago. He weighs 2500 grams, and he brought a lot of happiness in their lives. Tin is, says Ivana, small and skinny, but already very strong. He enjoys his food, has a nice little blond hair and big blue eyes. He is very calm and all he is does is sleep and eat.
- We met Tin's biological mother. She is very young, poor girl who just got into a college. Some woman think they have to be mothers no matter if they don't have ability to raise a child. Some of them push biological dad's to take responsibility for their pregnancy, like they didn't know how babies come to this world, so they ask for their financial support. These selfish women don't think of baby's future. The child doesn't care if the person who is raising him is his biological or non biological parent, he just wants to be loved. Tin's biological mother was aware of her capabilities. She didn't accuse anybody for being pregnant. She just gave that innocent creature a chance. It was hard for her to give him up, but she knew it was the best for him. She didn't threw him in garbage can, or left him in front of church's doors. She found a family who will give him what his birth parents, at the moment, couldn't give him. Child is a good decision when you really want to have him, and with person who loves you. It's the only way the child can be happy. – says Ivana, who at first only talked with Tin's birth mother by phone, and later they got to know each other.
- I was surprised by how thin she was. Her belly was nearly flat, almost till the end of pregnancy. She was very kind, lovely and beautiful. We spent a lot of time talking to her and her mother. That experience was amazing because we had a chance to be with Tin while he was still in the belly. I was going to all medical exams, i was there when he was born and i had a chance to cut the umbilical cord. It was amazing! It's incredible feeling to see your baby coming to this world and that is a good side of American adoption. Me and birth mother have the same taste in music so i made sure there was Bob Marley's CD in a delivery room, and we were all singing together. Even doctors! I was there on his first bathing, feeding. Nurses showed me how he has to be fed, how to change diapers and everything i have to pay attention to. Goran wasn't in the delivery room out of two reasons. First, the media, and second, he would probably faint – reveals Ivana and says that her husband didn't want to come to hospital after the child was born, because he wanted to protect birth mothers privacy. Goran introduced himself to Tin after he came home, and when Goran came from Chicago, where he was shooting last scenes of ER. Goran, says Ivana, is still afraid of taking Tin in his arms, because he is so small. After Tin was born biological parents signed documents, and they can't ask for baby or for anything else from them.
Last few days happiness is written all over Visnjic's family. Tin is a real ornament in Visnjic's villa which was built in the 20's of the last century. Ivana planted 7 plants of orange, one lemon, and some other exotic friut (i would write names, but i have noooo idea what they are.. hehehe) and a lots of herbs. While Tin enjoys his shade in his basket near pool, which Ivana made in little mosaic-tile of bisazzo, their pets: cats Riki and Momo, mops Bugsy and shitzu Luigi are running around the the yard. Luigi has a dog girlfriend named Addie who is also his neighbor, and she was also posing for In Style magazine. Tin has his own room, which his parents redecorated just before he came home.
- We painted it in beautiful blue color with clouds and grafics of angels by Marco Chagal – says Ivana. Room fits nicely in Mediterranean style villa whose previous owner was both French and Maroccan. When they bought it, the house was in very bad shape, so they decided to keep only Maroccan room placed garden in original. Everything else has been redecorated. The room was painted with motives of desert, and it was painted by one German princess. New owners found that out from a woman who was in a relationship with previous owner, designer of Guess fashion house, Michael Banasr. It was popular meeting place of actors and show biz celebrities in 80's and 90's. It has an interesting past, and it keeps a lot of memories, but it is a nice place to live. Bathroom was decorated like Maroccan spa, and all rooms in house look like they are couple of hundred years old and that was achieved by careful pick of wall, door and window colors. Villa is full of objects bought in Italy, France and Marocco. Above fireplace in the living room, that was designed by Ivana, there is a plasma TV hidden between a stone made by one French worker from LA. Plasma is hidden with wodden panel and it looks like 'window' on which young artist Larissa Morais painted Gaugin's replica with Tahiti motive. In their bedroom main motive is Maroccan fireplace, and above dining table there is a Jesus on the cross by Croatian statue artist Ivan Lackovic Croata, who was also Ivana's godfather. On the porch there is a wooden table with ceramic shape of st. Franjo, who is protector of poor people and animals, and that was custom made in Umbria.
In housekeeping Ivana has a helper. It's one nice lady. And neighbor's nanny helps with Tin. She is a wonderful woman. She helps Ivana whenever she needs help, or when she starts to panic, and because of the time difference, her mother is already asleep. The Visnjic's are not planning on going to Croatia this summer, and that would be the first summer without them going since they moved to the States. The reason is 'paparazzi'. They don't want to be in the media all the time, especially because of Tin. So they decided to stay home, where their friends can visit them anytime they want. When Tin grows up a little they will decide whether they want to introduce him to the public and when will that be. Until them they will enjoy with Tin every day they have.
- The other day we were laughing when we realized our Tin can be the president, because he has American roots. Imagine the president with his name and surname. – Ivana said laughing. The Visnjic's are celebrating their 8th wedding anniversary in may. And they will do it the most amazing way they could imagine: with their son.